July 17, 2016 – 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (+Bp. Ricardo Alcaraz)
Sunday Worship Homily
“The Goal of Abiding With Him”
Genesis 18:1-10a – When God comes to us, we must welcome Him with joy and humility
Colossians 1:15-23 – Because we have been reconciled with God through faith in Christ, we are to continue to be steadfast in our faith in Him.
“In the hecticness of life, it is important to keep our focus on the Lord.”
“We cannot rush our relationship with God.”
1.(v.38-40) Know the value of spending time with the Lord.
2.(v.41-42) It’s important not just to know what is important but to choose it.
Benefits of Spending Time with God (Joshua 1:8)
- (Psalm 1:1-3) – You will get wisdom; prosperous, successful
- (Proverbs 3:1-2) – You get sustenance from God; you enjoy the favor and blessing of God.
- (Proverbs 4:20-22) – God’s favor and wisdom will cause things to work in your life => length of days and long life.
- You will live a fulfilling life.
- You will have health to enjoy your life.