December 3, 2017, 1st Sunday of Advent (Year B)
Theme: “Pure Diligence”
Homily by Abp. Ricardo Alcaraz
“To wait for the Lord’s promised return is to stay spiritually awake.”
– The coming of the Lord goes far beyond our highest expectation.
1 Corinthians 1:1-9
– In Christ, we have received the abundant blessings of God.
1.(v.33-34) We must be ready to move with God when He comes.
2.(v.35-37) What He said to His disciples then, He’s saying to us today.
How to be Spiritually Alert/Awake
- To do the will of the Father. (Mark 3:35)
- To have a servant attitude in the Kingdom of God. (Mark 9:35)
- To welcome/to care for/to protect little children. (Mark 9:37)
- To help those in need especially in the Body of Christ. (Mark 9:41)
- To become child-like in faith in God. (Mark 10:13-15)
- To serve others without recognition. (Mark 10:44)
- To be forgiving and merciful. (Mark 11:25)
- To be gracious and generous. (Mark 12:23-24)
- To be involved in the work of Christ. (Mark 16:15-16)
“Let us desire Heaven!”