August 7, 2016 – 19th Sunday in Ordinary Time (+Fr. Fernando Ilustre)
Sunday Worship Homily
“The Goal of Receiving the Kingdom”
- When God speaks to us, we must believe His Word, no matter how impossible it may seem.
- Faith takes hold of God’s power in bringing into reality God’s favor and provisions into our life.
- Let us act on the Word of God for this is what faith is.
- God gave us the privilege to become part of His Kingdom; We are to allow Him to be fully Lord, God, and Master over our lives. He is the King; not us.
- As the Lord gave us the Kingdom, we are to submit to His Kingdom in us.
- It is the Father’s good pleasure to give us the Kingdom.
- We should not put our security/dependence in what we have but only in God