February 28, 2021, 2nd Sunday of Lent
Theme: “Living in Christ: Dying to Ourselves”
Homily by Fr. Erel Villanueva
Old Testament Proclamation: Genesis 17: 1-7; 15-16
Responsorial Psalm : Psalm 22: 22- 31
New Testament Proclamation: Romans 4: 13- 18
Gospel Proclamation: Mark 8: 31-38
Jesus talks about the criteria of following HIM – by putting Him first. A true disciple is the one who follow Jesus.
COST OF FOLLOWING CHRIST
1. Deny ourselves- put Him first over ourselves. Deny our ambition, our plans, our whole being. Deny- means to surrender. As disciple of Christ, we are willing to surrender our life, our will to Him. Before becoming a true Christian or a disciple, we must deny ourselves
2. Carry our Cross- identification with the suffering of Christ. We have to die for ourselves; die everyday for the gospel. We need to live day by day the life of Christ. In our decision we have to follow him daily. This is not a burden. Invest our life for the kingdom of God.
Continue do the following:
1. Giving- this will help us get rid of selfishness
2. Prayer- when we pray, grace works with us; more prayer more grace
3. Fasting- train to deny yourself of something; self control of ourselves.
As a disciple of Jesus, it is a MUST to live the life of Christ .
Homily Recap by Paz Indulo
iOS: https://goo.gl/MIOIUj Android: https://goo.gl/3F2w7N Website: https://www.saintmichaelkalibo.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SMCKaliboICCEC Twitter: https://twitter.com/stmichaelkalibo Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/saintmichae… Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/1417183… Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104587191… Tumblr: http://saintmichaelkalibo.tumblr.com/ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stmichaelka… Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/saintmich… Blogger: http://saintmichaelkalibo.blogspot.com/ iTunes Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/ph/podcast/c… Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4DiiezN…